Mosquito Control Knoxville and East Tennessee
Mosquitoes came back to bite in 2012. An outbreak of West Nile Virus has engulfed Knoxville and surrounding Counties. Now we have the Zica Virus to deal with in Knoxville/East Tennessee. Don’t let these pesty mosquitoes take over your home or business in the years to come.
Let Tennessee Pest Solutions help with all your mosquito control needs. We have a program in place to help reduce their presence around your home or place of business. Call us today and mention our website for special pricing!
MOSQUITO CONTROL SERVICE INCLUDES?
1. Monthly applications to control mosquitoes during their breeding season.
2. Inspections performed to identify and treat breeding sites.
3. Treatment includes all turf areas, plant material, shrub beds, and natural areas for the control of adult mosquitoes.
4. Additional mosquito treatments above the normal monthly visits will be charged the same as the monthly control service rate.
5. Professionally trained technicians to provide a safe and effective service.
6. Environmentally friendly products and procedures.
This comprehensive mosquito control program, available in the Knoxville/East Tennessee will allow your family to enjoy spending time in the yard again and reduce the risk of being infected with Zika viruses carried by these pests.
HOW CAN THE RISK OF EXPOSURE TO WEST NILE BE REDUCED?
Vaccines for humans are not currently available for the majority of arthropod-borne pathogens including WNV and SLEV. Pay attention to medical and veterinary alerts and follow the specific recommendations.
The best method of reducing risk of exposure is to avoid mosquito bites through personal protection by wearing mosquito repellents and protective clothing during times when mosquitoes are most active.
Personal protection against biting mosquitoes, particularly when they are infected with dangerous pathogens, remains the most important way to avoid disease. Avoid mosquitoes. Make sure screens are in good shape to prevent mosquitoes from entering your home. If you must enter areas where there is a threat of encountering infected mosquitoes, wear protective clothing.
Finally, use a personal insect repellent that provides a reasonable Complete mosquito control Protection Time (CPT). The CPT is the total time following repellent application that the treated individual will remain bite free. For example, under normal conditions the CPT for a 5% formulation of DEET (diethyl toluamide, presently the most effective insect repellent) is approximately 2 hours. The CPT for a 24% DEET formulation is more than 4 hours.
1. Avoid exposure to mosquitoes – stay indoors during peak biting time.
2. If you must be outside during peak biting time, wear long sleeves and pants.
3. Wear mosquito repellents when outside during peak biting time. Use mosquito repellents w/ DEET.
4. Make sure window and door screens are in good repair to prevent mosquitoes from entering homes.
5. Remove unnecessary sources of water outside the home that provide breeding places for mosquitoes.
6. Flush out the water in bird baths and outdoor pet dishes every 3 – 4 days.
7. Remove leaf litter, standing water and debris from roof gutters and boat covers.
What Our Customers Are Saying Don’t just take our word for it. Listen to what other people are saying about Tennessee Pest Solutions.
The technician that came out was very knowledgeable and knew what he was doing. They were very professional and knowledgeable.
Great experience! They were very knowledgeable, easy to schedule and on time. Great company.
Terrific experience – the call center was very knowledgable, and the technician was very thorough, informative, and trustworthy. Pricing was very reasonable. We will definitely use them again.